The Ocotillo neighborhood consists of several communities in South Chandler, bordered by Queen Creek Road to the North and Chandler Heights Road to the South. (See Map)
Connected by 162 acres of lakes and 23 miles of shoreline, the original construction of the Ocotillo neighborhood began in 1986 as a residential feature of the famed Ocotillo Golf Resort. A Ted Robinson design boasting 27 waterscaped golf holes, the privately owned golf course is open to the public and reserves special privilege’s for residents of the Ocotillo neighborhood including a discount players card with benefits at the pro shop, restaurant, and out on the course itself. Avid golfers and spectators may be drawn to the golf course lots of the Legend at Ocotillo or the Estates at Ocotillo with views of one of the beautifully designed holes at this Troon course.
Regardless of the Ocotillo neighborhood, you find suits you best, all Ocotillo residents enjoy access to the lake system and water features, 5 community parks, 2 lighted tennis courts and miles of lush common areas for walking, biking, and entertaining.
Extending out from the center of the golf resort, the Ocotillo neighborhood offers many housing options including both gated and ungated communities, large and small lots both on and off the golf course, waterfront property with view fencing and boat docks, as well as new home construction in the luxury communities of the Villas at Villa del Lago and the Waters at Ocotillo. Featuring a variety of different builders, floor plans, and landscape design – the Ocotillo neighborhood home prices range from the mid-$200s to the millions, all with access to the Ocotillo lifestyle.
Neighborhoods within the Ocotillo community include:
- Bridges at Ocotillo, gated townhomes built by Starpointe Communities
- Cantabria Shores, gated townhomes bordering the Ocotillo Golf Resort
- Carmel Bay at Ocotillo, built by UDC Homes
- Cottonwood Springs, built by UDC Homes bordering the Ocotillo Golf Resort
- Echelon at Ocotillo Lakes, one of the newest communities built in Ocotillo
- Embarcadero at Ocotillo, Gated and built by TW Lewis bordering the Ocotillo Golf Resort
- Enclave at Ocotillo Lakes, Gated and built by Geoffrey Edmonds and built around a lake
- Estates at Ocotillo, Built by Maracay Homes bordering the Ocotillo Golf Resort
- Laguna Cove at Ocotillo, Gated and built by TW Lewis bordering the Ocotillo Golf Resort
- Balboa Point At Ocotillo, Gated and built by TW Lewis
- Catalina Shores At Ocotillo, Gated and built by TW Lewis
- Harbour Club At Ocotillo, Homes built by Coventry & Grant Homes
- The Island At Ocotillo, Luxury custom homes in a gated enclave surrounded by the Ocotillo Golf Resort
- Legend At Ocotillo, built by UDC Homes bordering the Ocotillo Golf Resort
- Montefino Village, gated community with homes built by Meritage Homes
- Monterey Bay At Ocotillo, built by UDC Homes
- Ocotillo, Homes by Ryland Homes
- Ocotillo East, Gated community with homes by Hancock
- Ocotillo Lakes, homes by Pulte & Edmonds Toll
- Peninsula, Gated community with homes built by Colonial Homes bordering the Ocotillo Golf Resort
- Silverlake, homes built by Keystone Builders
- Spyglass Bay, homes built by Beazer/Hancock in a community surrounded by the Ocotillo Golf Resort
- Stillwater Cove homes built by Beazer/Hancock in a community bordered by the Ocotillo Golf Resort
- Villas At Ocotillo, Gated luxury villas built by Kitchell Custom Builders and Woodside
- Vistas At Ocotillo, Custom Homes in a gated community bordered by the Ocotillo Golf Resort
- Watermark At Ocotillo, gated community with homes built by Camelot Homes
- Waters At Ocotillo, homes built by Pulte
- Waters Edge At Ocotillo, homes built by Ryland
- Windward at Ocotillo, gated community with homes built by Camelot Homes
Ocotillo students attend the following highly ranked schools: Jacobson Elementary & Basha Elementary, Bogle Junior High and Hamilton High School. Charter school, Chandler Traditional Academy – Independence is one of the most sought after elementary schools in Southeast Chandler. There is a very small boundary around the school which allows Ocotillo students living within this boundary to attend this school without an open enrollment request.
Downtown Ocotillo and Amenities
Ocotillo is one of the most sought-after master planned communities in the East Valley today. You'll love the Downtown Ocotillo restaurants and services and will find that community life extends into the surrounding Southeast Chandler area with Snedigar Recreation Center, a 90-acre sports complex featuring a dog park, skate park, baseball and softball and soccer fields, and a 9,000 square foot recreation center for the whole family just east of the Ocotillo neighborhood. Just minutes from the 202 and easy access to the rest of the Valley, the Ocotillo neighborhood continues to rise to the top of the list for buyers looking for a master planned community that truly has it all.